About The Design
I love the Martin OM with its small and pleasing shape body and brilliant high- and mid-range response.
The instrument is still settling in but so far has a brilliantly silvery tone, very strong in the middle and upper registers but still finding its voice in the bass. I expect the latter to develop with time as the structure relaxes.
Materials & Finish
- Soundboard & Bracing – European Spruce
- Back & Ribs – Flamed Maple
- Neck – Flamed Maple
- Fingerboard & Headstock Veneer – Indian Rosewood
- Rosette – My own design with pieces of rosewood, zebrano & walnut made into a mosaic together with a line of purfling inside and outside (BWBWB).
- Bridge – Indian Rosewood
- Tuning Machines – Schaller
I finished the guitar all over with KTM-9 water-based varnish polished by hand to a high gloss. I set the guitar with a very low action and with Elixir Nanoweb Strings (11-52) – perfect for a jangly strummed sound.